Wowza Community

NBCUniversal - How to bypass corporate firewall to stream IP camera to Wowza Cloud

Hello everyone,

I have been given the task of streaming an IP camera to the Wowza Streaming Cloud Service, but I am within a corporate network that blocks various ports (1935) being one of them. One of the only open ports is 80 and (I believe) 443. The IP camera is using RTSP via port 554. I have configured the Wowza Streaming engine to broadcast the stream file to the Wowza Cloud via port 80, but to no avail. Can anyone explain how I may be able to get this done? We would be interested in purchasing a subscription once we accomplish a successful stream.

Hello,

If you have a local Wowza Streaming Engine server that can access the IP camera behind your corporate firewall, then you should be able to pull this stream into Wowza Streaming Cloud over port 80 using the “Other RTMP” stream source in Wowza Streaming Cloud.

Best regards,

Andrew

Using you SSO, log the device into the BYOD network (its split pipe). Also you might need to change the proxy. On BYOD network you should be able to get to AWS where wowza might be hosted.