Wowza Community

Wowza GoCoder works but my new Axis RTSP camera doesn't

Hi All,

I am using the Wowza Streaming Engine (WSE), version 4.6, inside an Amazon EC2 instance. I can use the WSE to connect to vod and live streams from the Wowza GoCoder application on both an Android phone and an iPhone.

I think I just have a simple issue. Since Wowza GoCoder gets through my firewall/NAT and sends video and audio up to the Amazon EC2 WSE instance, I should just change the ports I use on my camera to match those of the Wowza GoCoder.

I have figured out that the GoCoder uses port 8088 for its TCP/IP signalling I have changed my camera to use that port. It still fails. So I must be failing with the RTP (UDP) ports used for video and audio.

The problem is that I don’t know which ports the Wowza GoCoder uses for RTP, so I don’t know how to set my camera RTP ports. They default to ports 5000 to 9999 on the camera.

I have tried to set all kinds of RTSP and RTP debuging levels, but still cannot find the ports in the acess or eror log files. Any help here greatly appreciated.

Does anybody know what RTP ports are used by Wowza GoCoder?

Thanks and Regards,

Ralph Waters

There may be a way to do i with RTP, but I ended up using FFMPEG to pull MJPEGfrom my camera and then push an h264 stream to Wowza. That was back in 2015. This year we dumped Axis in favor ptzoptics. These are much easier to integrate into Wowza.

Hi All,

I am using the Wowza Streaming Engine (WSE), version 4.6, inside an Amazon EC2 instance. I can use the WSE to connect to vod and live streams from the Wowza GoCoder application on both an Android phone and an iPhone.

I think I just have a simple issue. Since Wowza GoCoder gets through my firewall/NAT and sends video and audio up to the Amazon EC2 WSE instance, I should just change the ports I use on my camera to match those of the Wowza GoCoder.

I have figured out that the GoCoder uses port 8088 for its TCP/IP signalling I have changed my camera to use that port. It still fails. So I must be failing with the RTP (UDP) ports used for video and audio.

The problem is that I don’t know which ports the Wowza GoCoder uses for RTP, so I don’t know how to set my camera RTP ports. They default to ports 5000 to 9999 on the camera.

I have tried to set all kinds of RTSP and RTP debuging levels, but still cannot find the ports in the acess or eror log files. Any help here greatly appreciated.

Does anybody know what RTP ports are used by Wowza GoCoder?

Thanks and Regards,

Ralph Waters

Hi Ralph,

An RTSP stream would usually use port 554. Based on this doc from Axis, they also use 554 for RTSP. So you would setup a Stream File using the Public IP address of your IP camera more info here. You would also have to setup port forwarding on the network where the IP camera is located to route the request for the RTSP stream from Wowza to the IP camera.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex