Wowza Community

Create a playlist for Video on Demand

Hi,

I have some sample content present on Amazon S3, that I fetching using an RTSP player like this:

rtsp://[serverip]:1935/vods3/definst/mp4:amazons3/[a-bucket-name]/[a-file-name].MP4

Suppose I have a series of videos, all linked together - I would like to have a playlist type feature in Wowza, that can play back these streams, one at a time, till all videos are processed.

Example:

Video series:

rtsp://[serverip]:1935/vods3/definst/mp4:amazons3/[a-bucket-name]/[a-file-name-1].MP4

rtsp://[serverip]:1935/vods3/definst/mp4:amazons3/[a-bucket-name]/[a-file-name-2].MP4

rtsp://[serverip]:1935/vods3/definst/mp4:amazons3/[a-bucket-name]/[a-file-name-3].MP4

All should be playable without having the need to load each video individually.

I read elsewhere it is achievable with SMIL files, but I have no success so far.

Any clues in this direction is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Wowza Forums!

What articles did you follow for the playlist? You have to follow a few steps to achieve this.

Here is an article on creating a schedule playlist, which includes how to generate the SMIL file:

STREAMPUBLISHER

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jermaine

Hi,

Do you have solved?

I’m also stop at here, to use amazon s3, we should use mediacache, but it’s only for vod edge application. I want to use playlist(StreamPublisher) in this application, but it’s failed. It can’t read the smil in it’s application content folder.