Wowza Community

Update on OSX issue

I am trying to update my OSX install of Streaming Engine. FOllowing the instructions I am asked to cd to [install dir]/updates/[update-dir]/osx

on my Mac there is no /osx directory in /updates.

Ahh my mistake. the /osx/ directory is in the [update-dir] i copied over from the zip.I see the shell script now…

Figured that out but after running update I get a Server 500 error. Can you see what I might be able to do?

Status Code: 500

Exception:

Stacktrace:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.wowza.wms.spring.WowzaAuthenticationDetailSource$WowzaAuthenticationDetails.(WowzaAuthenticationDetailSource.java:55)

at com.wowza.wms.spring.WowzaAuthenticationDetailSource.buildDetails(WowzaAuthenticationDetailSource.java:25)

at com.wowza.wms.spring.WowzaAuthenticationDetailSource.buildDetails(WowzaAuthenticationDetailSource.java:11)

at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.setDetails(UsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.java:133)

at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.attemptAuthentication(UsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter.java:92)

at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:195)

at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)

at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)

at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)

at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)

at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)

at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)

at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)

at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)

at net.winstone.core.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:189)

at net.winstone.core.SimpleRequestDispatcher.doFilter(SimpleRequestDispatcher.java:321)

at com.wowza.wms.webapp.Utf8Filter.doFilter(Utf8Filter.java:30)

at net.winstone.core.FilterConfiguration.execute(FilterConfiguration.java:189)

at net.winstone.core.SimpleRequestDispatcher.doFilter(SimpleRequestDispatcher.java:321)

at net.winstone.core.SimpleRequestDispatcher.forward(SimpleRequestDispatcher.java:288)

at net.winstone.core.listener.RequestHandlerThread.processRequest(RequestHandlerThread.java:213)

at net.winstone.core.listener.RequestHandlerThread.run(RequestHandlerThread.java:144)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at net.winstone.util.BoundedExecutorService$1.run(BoundedExecutorService.java:81)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I was able to uninstall by Running UNinstall, THEN also removing the folders in /Library

Otherwise the error remained.

I reinstalled and all seems OK. I will not attempt the upgrade again.

Hello,

Glad to hear you were able to get back to a working state in Wowza Streaming Engine.

What version are you using now, and to which version were you trying to update?

Have you tried to uninstall the older version you have, and then do a regular install of the latest version (4.6.0) and then get the update to the latest “dot” release?

Regards,

Alex