Wowza Community

UDP MC in UDP MC out issue

As the title says I have incoming stream on udp://225.1.1.1:2222 and I want to transrate it and send it out to udp://233.1.1.1.2222. I have the stream file/incoming stream working and I can see the video using test player. To send this stream out I used stream target and configured generic mpeg-ts stream with the parameters as required. The Destination Host field has 233.1.1.1 with Destination port as 2222. The source stream name and destination names look ok to me. Yet I see the status Waiting… on this stream target. I know the source is ok but if I try to join this stream either using ffprobe/vlc/tsreader and cannot join this stream. How do I test join this stream?

You will need to perform a few tests.

1) I know that you enabled the stream target but check that it is enabled anyway. You have to enable stream targets manually until you decide to have them connect when Wowza Streaming Engine restarts.

2) You mentioned that your stream target is using the output of one of your transcoded outputs. Double check that you can view the live feed that is going through Transcoder.

3) Use tcpdump or Wireshark to ensure that you can see both multicast streams. This saves time as you can leave it running rather than validating using ffprobe, vlc, or tsreader. Once that network traffic shows up you can validate it.

I hope that helps.