Wowza Community

Running Wowza IDE 2 on Mac OS X.

Hi everyone! I have problem with run this software on Mac OS X. v. 10.6.2.

Click on icon, and not effect :frowning:

Please explain me what to do. :smiley:

Console says:

04.03.10 15:43:20	com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[161]	([0x0-0x1b01b].org.eclipse.eclipse[616]) posix_spawn("/Applications/Wowza IDE 2.0.0/Wowza IDE 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Wowza IDE 2", ...): Permission denied
04.03.10 15:43:20	com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[161]	([0x0-0x1b01b].org.eclipse.eclipse[616]) Exited with exit code: 1

But permission is read/write in all files.

I guess I would uninstall and re-install. Make sure you install when logged in as an administrator.

Or you could install the Eclise Java JDK and then install the Wowza IDE plugins as a software update. May be a better way to go anyways.

http://www.wowza.com/ide.html

Charlie

What problem are you having, exactly?

Richard

Hi Charlie.

I did this actions. But doesn’t effect.

Trouble in permission. Why I dont know, but after install all in dir Wowza IDE 2, was “red colored” as unactive, after give permission, app doesn’t run. It smt in Wowza IDE application, because Eclipse and FDT works good on my iMac.

So I solved thi problem in Terminal.

By inputting this code:

sudo /Applications/Wowza\ IDE\ 2.0.0/Wowza\ IDE\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Wowza\ IDE\ 2

If I can fix, I will inform.

Running Mac OS X Server 10.6.4.

However, the IDE starts normally on my MacBookPro.

(For now, I’m launching it using the terminal - thanks dimpiax).

I realize this is an old post, but it is still an issue for Mac OS and using the “easy” install for Wowza IDE. What happens is that permissions are not set correctly by the installer. I have found a fix, but the installer should be updated to fix this. Note, the permissions are not set correctly even if you install as an admin.

To fix the problem:

1. After the installer is finished, go to your Applications folder and get info on the Wowza IDE install location.

2. Set the permissions of this folder to “Apply to enclosed items…” (under the widget context menu button)

3. Go to your Terminal and run the following command:

sudo chmod ugo+x /Applications/Wowza\ IDE\ 2.0.0/Wowza\ IDE\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Wowza\ IDE\ 2

This will set the binary file inside the application file to be executable by everyone.

1. Launch the Wowza IDE 2 app and it works :smiley:

Thank you for the report. Moving forward with your project, i’d still suggest installing the Wowza IDE via an existing installation of Eclipse (see Option #2, Software Update). Some default Eclipse functionality on Mac OS (Installing new software, plugins etc) will not work with the standalone version so this will eliminate future issues on that front.