Wowza Community

Run on a vps?

Hello,

Will wowza run on a vps server?

Could you recommend any if it is possible to run on vsp.

Thanks

Wowza will run on VPS. There are many to pick from and I have no suggestion. Some have a lot of resources, comparable to a full server, but many have very limited and/or elastic resources.

When you install, follow the General Tuning guide. You might have to lower the Java heap size to get Wowza to run.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-performance-tuning

Richard

If you can try to get a ‘virtual server’ instead of a VPS. Like a VMWare instance, or Xen or KVM or something similar. I’ve found that large apps like Wowza don’t play well on most hosting companies VPS offerings. Most of those offerings are for simple web servers, sometimes with a little MySQL DB server or email or other small, low-use apps. Wowza is a fairly sizable Java application and oftentimes will burn up the resources you get with your VPS pretty quick.

Of course, you can always try the developer edition of Wowza in all sorts of different places to see where it’ll work. :slight_smile: If you can get the dev edition to work in the VPS, it’ll more then likely be perfectly fine with a licensed edition. But you may run into resource issues if you start serving out a lot of streams at once.

–chris

Hi,

I use a windows VPS to run my Wowza for streaming my Axis 1011W RTSP stream.

I have suffered a strange problem !

It works ok during day time, but at nights I can´t get the stream !

I have used a local VPS in Europe where I live and an overseas one in the USA and it happens the same.

Any one with a clue ??

Thanks