I use WMSPanel to secure my streams, but I'm facing a situation where I need to apply different rules to the same cupertino stream, whether it's being sent to a mobile device or a desktop.
I can see a few ways to do this, but I'd like to check first if anybody has done this, or has any better advice
1) Create two applications (livetv and mobiletv). Use the stream manager for application mobiletv to connect to rtmp://localhost:1935/livetv/MyStream
Though I have WMSauth protection on the RTMP output, I presumably could whitelist 127.0.0.1 so it's not required?
2) Use StreamNameAlias module to create a different version of the stream, so for example livetv/MyStream and livetv/MyStream-mobile
But I'm not sure, if the alias is set up, the the stream still accessible from its original name?
3) Send two input streams, one to each application. By far the simplest way, but quite wasteful of bandwidth!
4) Use separate instances under one application? I'm really not sure if this would work, but if I send the stream to server/livetv/MyStream, would it be accessible from server/livetv/web/MyStream and server/livetv/mobile/MyStream?
5) Some hidden setting in wowza to allow two applications to share an input stream?
Anyway I will do some experimenting with this now, will report back here but would really appreciate any insight!
My primary concern was to apply different validity periods to the WMSAuth links. But I forgot that this validity period is set from the PHP side and not from Wowza, so in the end I can still use the same application/streams *facepalm*