Wowza Test Player
This HLS test player, which also supports MPEG-DASH playback, is an easy way to test playback for streams created in Wowza Video and Wowza Streaming Engine. Just enter a stream or playback URL in the player below and click Start.
Some streams you could test in this player include:
– Assets: Enter the stream URL for the asset.
– VOD: Enter the playback URL.
– Live streams: Enter the HLS or MPEG-DASH playback URL.
Wowza Streaming Engine
– Live and VOD: From your app’s Test Playback tab in the Wowza Streaming Manager UI, enter the secure Streaming URL for HLS or MPEG-DASH.
Note: Make sure you have StreamLock set up for your Engine instance otherwise HTTPS playback won’t work.
Testing other protocols
How do I test:
- RTMP — Adobe no longer supports Flash Player, making RTMP an uncommon format for video playback. Wowza can still ingest an RTMP source and repackage it for delivery with a more playback-friendly protocol. Learn more.
- RTSP — Use our RTSP test URL to validate your RTSP connections.