2. Download the Wowza Streaming Engine Installer*
The current version is Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.17+1, build 20211216162410, released on December 21, 2021.
*To update an existing installation of Wowza Streaming Engine with the latest features and enhancements, sign in to your Wowza account and go to My Downloads. After downloading the update, see How to update your Wowza Streaming Engine installation.
We recommend Wowza Streaming Engine customers take action to address the recent Apache Log4J vulnerabilities by using our Log4j2 Updater to get the latest Log4j2 files.Wowza Streaming Engine is releasing version 4.8.17.
- Wowza 4.8.17 updates files to Log4j 2.16.0 (for CVE-2021-44228 & CVE-2021-45046).
- It does not update to Log4J 2.17.0 (for CVE-2021-45105). The update to Log4J 2.17 will be included in a future release.
You do not need to update to Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.17 to get the latest fixes for Apache Log4j2-related issues. We recommend running our Log4j2 Updater script to keep up with the latest Apache Log4j patches.
- sudo chmod +x WowzaStreamingEngine-4.8.17+1-linux-x64-installer.run
- sudo ./WowzaStreamingEngine-4.8.17+1-linux-x64-installer.run
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Run Wowza Streaming Engine on one or more computers at your physical location, on your hardware, across your Internet connection.
Simply pay for each active instance and run multiple Wowza Streaming Engine instances on multiple computers using a single subscription license key; you don’t need to purchase a separate license key for each machine.
Deploying Wowza software in the cloud means streaming your content from high-performance virtual machines hosted remotely.
Wowza Streaming Engine works with virtually all cloud hosting services, including Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and others.