I have a wowza 4.2 server running on a CentOS box. At first glance it is working fine but about every 4:20 the video breaks up for about 13 seconds then recovers. Logs and behavior would indicate that wowza is dropping the stream totally and trying to reconnect less then a second later. I have run a number of tests and I will list the results below.
1. CC in JWplayer behaves strangely and will skip back to earlier parts of the playback intermittently when this error happens.
2. No difference when connecting off multicast or uni-cast so not a routing issue.
3. This error still happens when tested locally on the wowza box.
4. Pings to the wowza box succeed even when error is occurring.
5. If connecting to a rtsp stream you will need to authenticate every time this happens when viewing stream with VLC.
6. with one stream open when the event happens the cpu load will drop from an avg of 17% to 3%. After the event it will jump back up to 17%.
7. The source is clear as tested on the box running wowza with VLC and a separate box on the same network.
You will need to open a ticket to troubleshoot this issue.
If you are using any custom modules, please disable them and confirm the issue persists. If it does, please zip the following folders and send them, along with a link to this thread as a reference to