Wowza Community

Flowplayer <-> Wowza: rtsp path as a clip url does not supported

Good day!

I’m trying to design a kind of re-streaming service for IP cams. I would like to control resolution, fps, compression etc.,- all the settings accessible with rtsp parameters for streaming.

Flowplayer works fine with Wowza only in the case of stream content file name from Application’s setting. But all my tests with direct stream’s rtsp path inserting in the Flowplayer config script were not successful (but works with “live” Wowza example).

Example that does not work with flowplayer:

<script type="text/javascript">
	flowplayer("player", "../flowplayer-3.0.0.swf",
		{
			clip: {
				[COLOR="red"][B]url: 'rtsp://login:name@IPaddres:554/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=320x240&fps=12'[/B][/COLOR],
				live: true,
				provider: 'rtmp'
			},
			plugins: {
				rtmp: {
				url: '../flowplayer.rtmp-3.0.0.swf',
				netConnectionUrl: 'rtmp://[wowza-address]/live'
				}
			}
		}
	);
</script>

Working Example:

<script type="text/javascript">
	flowplayer("player", "../flowplayer-3.0.0.swf",
		{
			clip: {
				[COLOR="green"][B]url: 'axism1011.stream'[/B][/COLOR],
				live: true,
				provider: 'rtmp'
			},
			plugins: {
				rtmp: {
				url: '../flowplayer.rtmp-3.0.0.swf',
				netConnectionUrl: 'rtmp://[wowza-address]/live'
				}
			}
		}
	);
</script>

Testing conclusion: use content file name with Flowplayer/JWPlayer or self Flash player design.

AFAIK wowza looks for that content files with “StorageDir” path.

But the Application.xml Streams StorageDir path is local only (ftp or http path does not work). And the files remote autoconfig (replace/edit) will be difficult (security overcoming needed).

My question: is it possible (or how) to set remote StorageDir for content files?

Create a text file in the app’s content folder named rtsp.stream, make sure your text editor does not add a .txt extension:

/content/rtsp.stream

Make the contents of the file the rtsp url:

rtsp://login:name@IPaddres:554/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=320x240&fps=12

Now Change this:

url: 'rtsp://login:name@IPaddres:554/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=320x240&fps=12'

To this:

url: 'rtsp.stream'

Richard

For remote storage, you can set /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /StorageDir to unc path or mapped drive, or you can use MediaCache:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-scale-video-on-demand-streaming-with-media-cache

(Sorry, I saw rtsp url in Flowplayer clip and figured that was the problem. I’m surprised that works)

Richard

Dear Richard,

thank you for your support, but, as you can see in my first post, I’ve tested the way you suggested and it really works.

The problem is in necessity to create/edit content file every time the client decided to modify the resolution, fps, compression, text overlay etc.

I would like to give them(clients) the possibility to edit all the IP camera stream parameters over my web interface, because I have to control that parameters for conformity to client’s “rate plan”/“service level”.

For now I can do that control by editting/replacing the client’s content file only. I don’t want to do that manually. I want to config media server to find the content file at the remote URLs. Is it possible?

Gleb