Thread: RTSP problem

Unhappy RTSP problem

I'm using a program on my Mac called Evocam. It creates an rtsp stream from my camera and microphone. The stream URL looks like rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream

What I want is for Wowza to re-broadcast that stream, so that users can connect to the wowza server using flash or their ipads or whatever.

1 - Is this possible?

2 - How do I do it? I've tried following the tutorial at http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-based-encoder) but I'm not having any luck. Here's what I did:

Created applications/live
    Downloaded Application.xml from the tutorial link and installed it in conf/live/Application.xml
    Created the file content/camera.stream with "rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream"

I go to the streammanager page, and see that there's a "live/_definst_" entry. I click "start receiving stream." A dialog box pops up. Application says live/_definst_, MediaCastType is rtp, and Stream Name is blank. I put test in for the name and hit OK. I get a green "publishing started succesfully" box.

Now I launch examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html and put in the boxes:
    rtmp://localhost/live
    Stream: camera.stream

It says "Failed to play camera.stream; stream not found."

The Wowza console log shows:

INFO application app-start _definst_ live/_definst_
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[1147380142]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[1147380142]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1147380142:live/_definst_:test]: start: 1
    INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/_definst_]: flv:test
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo[live/_definst_]: /Library/WowzaMediaServer/content/test
    WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: SDP file missing: /Library/WowzaMediaServer/content/test
    INFO session connect-pending 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%0 -
    INFO session connect 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%0 -
    INFO stream create - -
    INFO stream destroy myStream -
    INFO session disconnect 138132533 -
    INFO stream create - -

Where do I go from here?

The stream name to enter in StreamManager is "camera.stream", not "test"

Read this tutorial instead:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....P-re-streaming)

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    The stream name to enter in StreamManager is "camera.stream", not "test"

Read this tutorial instead:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....P-re-streaming)

Richard
    Thanks, Richard. I did what you said but the result is the same. LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html shows "Failed to play camera.stream; stream not found."

Wowza's log shows:

WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming timeout.
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.close closeSession
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream]: 2
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream]: 1:true
    INFO stream create - -

Now you see Wowza trying to connect to the rtsp url in camera.stream, but iit doesn't look like Wowza is able to.

8080 is unusual port for rtsp. Default is 554. Make sure that works with your source.

Whatever port you use, make sure it is properly mapped in your router and not blocked by any firewalls.

Richard

I couldn't figure out Evocam, I think it's doing something non-standard. I got it to work with VLC and a .sdp file though.

OK I need to go back to Evocam, VLC is not doing it for us.

In QuickTime Player, I can open the URL: rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream and it plays the Evocam feed perfectly. I need to get Wowza to mirror that stream. How do I do it? I created a camera.stream file, told the streammanger to start playing it, but whenever I try to use the Flash player to view it, I get "camera.stream not found".

Hi
    Can you post your logs with: you starting wowza, your camera connecting and you connecting to watch the stream through a player of your choice.
    This will enable us to find out if there are any other issues.

"camera.stream not found" shouldn't appear unless:
    1) you haven't changes the name to test or
    2) the camera hasn't started the stream.

Jason

Make sure the file is really named camera.stream, and not camera.stream.txt

Run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode so you can see what happens when you start the stream in StreamManager, and playback.

Richard

OK, I am running Wowza Server on Mac OS X so I have a nice terminal window in which to view the log.

When I start streammanager, I click "start receiving stream", then I enter the following info:
    Application: live/_definst_
    MediaCaster Type: rtp
    Stream Name: camera.stream

The server says:

INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.create[1108447]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.init[1108447]
    INFO server comment - RTPMediaCaster.Reconnector[1108447:live/_definst_:camera.stream]: start: 1
    INFO server comment - HTTPStreamManager.onHTTPRequest: Publish stream successfully started [live/_definst_]: flv:camera.stream
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream]: 1

Then a few seconds later it emits:

WARN server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getStreamInfo: RTSP/RTP re-streaming timeout.
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.close closeSession
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.onClose
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.add[rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream]: 2
    INFO server comment - RTPSessionTracker.remove[rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream]: 1:true

That block of four lines repeats every 10-15 seconds.

If I launch QuickTime Player at this point and open rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream, I see and hear the camera/mic from Evocam, so I'm sure Evocam is transmitting properly.

/Library/WowzaMediaServer/content/camera.stream contains:
    rtsp://10.10.12.246:8080/1/stream

If I go to file:///Library/WowzaMediaServer-3.0.3/examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/live.html in my browser, I enter the following data:

Server: rtmp://localhost/live
    Stream: camera.stream

I click play. The server says:

INFO stream create - -

I get the "Failed to play camera.stream; stream not found" message in the browser.

Seems to me like Wowza can't connect to Evocam.

Make sure you are allowing port 8080 in through the firewall Wowza is installed on.

You can try UDP by adding this property to /conf[app-name]/Application.xml /MediaCaster /Properties set to "false"

<Property>
    	<Name>forceInterleaved</Name>
    	<Value>false</Value>
    	<Type>Boolean</Type>
    </Property>
    Richard