Thread: DVB-S to Transcoder

Default DVB-S to Transcoder

Hello,

We have several streams coming from DVB-S de-modulators and pushed to VLC players as UDP/IP Unicast streams. VLC seems to be having some issues with the stability and hence we want to replcace it with Wowza Transcoder. I see that Wowza Transcoder accepts MPEG-2 streams. But, will it accepts UDP/IP streams like VLC? If so, how I can access them?

If not, what is the best way to get the DVB-S stream directly into Wowza transcoder?

FYI - We have 20+ streams.

Thank you for your time!

Follow this guide to set up an application and start streams:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....based-encoder)

Also enable Wowza Transcoder in that application. When you start the stream in Stream Manager, the Transcoder is started.

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your quick reply. With your instructions, I am able to start the transcoder.

But, I am able to get only audio stream in HLS output. I think video stream is missing in the generated .m3u8 file.

My source is in H.264 (part 10)- MP4 format. Is this a problem?

I see that the Transcoder accepts H.264 (Part-2) in the documentation.

Thank you

Also,

I see lot of "WARN server comment - RTPPacketFragmentListReader.skip: Bad" messages in the log.

I also see the following:

INFO server comment - RTPDePacketizerMPEGTS.handleRTPPacket: IMPORT: videoPID[prg:0xd,pid:0x14b5,filter:none]: streamType:H264:27
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handlePacket[live/_definst_/music.stream]: Video codec: H264
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/_definst_/music.stream]: Video codec:H264 isCompatible:true

Posting more of the logs might help. Knowing the make/model of the encoder would, and a better analysis of the stream such as the output of VLC Tools->Codec Information or from the Mediainfo program would also help. I found this post which may indicate a similar problem: http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...2-Cisco-WVC210