Thread: cannot mount s3fs

Default cannot mount s3fs

....every time I get the same error:
    s3fs: bucket "bucketname.s3.amazonaws.com" is not part of the service specified by the credentials

I've checked my creds a million times, flipped them in /etc/passwd-s3fs, but nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you have not signed up for S3 with that account. You have to sign up for each AWS service separately. Once you have an AWS account that is just a couple of clicks.

Richard

no, s3 is definitely one of the services on my aws account...in fact it is the default service and every aws account starts with s3. i still am unable to attach my (long-established) s3 bucket to my running 3.0.5 wowza instance. how do i check if i've specified the bucket name properly?

In other words, how do i make sure i have a well formed url for my bucket? I'm assuming:
    Mybucket.s3.amazonaws.com

Hi,

You don't normally have to provide a url with s3fs. There are a few different variants available but most of them use the following command line format.
    /usr/bin/s3fs mybucket /mnt

yes, this is what I'm doing:

# /usr/local/bin/s3fs bucketname.s3.amazonaws.com -o default_acl=public-read /mnt/s3
    s3fs: bucket "bucketname.s3.amazonaws.com" is not part of the service specified by the credentials

As I say, I've manipulated my /etc/passwd-s3fs file until the cows come home....but it's still not working. Any ideas?

Have you tried following this guide?:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ed-file-system

Richard

i have, and now i've solved the issue that was vexing me...i merely needed the bucket name on the command line, sans the rest of the name. in other words,
    bucketname
    ...rather than:
    bucketname.s3.amazonaws.com
    thank you for listening to my stupidity. it is saint stupids day after all