Thread: Video Chat between ipad and PC browser

Default Video Chat between ipad and PC browser

Hi,
    I have successfully created video chat application using flash with the help of wowza media support. now i have to create the same application for ipad and can able to chat between ipad and Pc browser. how and where to start. i am a beginner in ios development so kindly provide some support for both server and client side code. can i use same server app (like rtmp://ipaddress/appname) in both or should i write separate server module for ipad?

You can use the same Wowza application if everyone is chatting on the same "Internet chat service" a.k.a. website.

Start with a search for the Livu iOS chat app. They have an SDK available.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    You can use the same Wowza application if everyone is chatting on the same "Internet chat service" a.k.a. website.

Start with a search for the Livu iOS chat app. They have an SDK available.
    Instead of using Livu app in my application how could i create of my own application? Also without handling any cupertino stream from server side(other than specify stream type) How can i receive streams from ipad. In my previous application i dint handle that process since i created for flash.

I don't think iOS is ready for audio/video chat. There is not a practical solution that I know of. Stick to Flash RTMP clients

Richard