Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Transcode DVB-S Subtitle from multicast

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Transcode DVB-S Subtitle from multicast

    Best regards.
    Is it possible to transcode video from multicast with subtitles. Attempting to get DVB-S subtitles in video obtained from transcoding multicast (MuMuDVB). On the VLC player when I watch multicast choice headings. When video processing with Wowza transcoding not get subtitles.
    If anyone can help, I thank him.

    (Use google translator)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,962

    Default

    You can re-stream from a multicast source following this guide:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....based-encoder)

    If the stream contains CEA-608/CEA-708 closed caption data, Wowza does not support converting from that format at present. It does support converting to CEA-608/CEA-708 for HLS stream.

    Richard

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    You can re-stream from a multicast source following this guide:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....based-encoder)

    If the stream contains CEA-608/CEA-708 closed caption data, Wowza does not support converting from that format at present. It does support converting to CEA-608/CEA-708 for HLS stream.

    Richard

    Thank you. Sorry but I have not fully understood what was going on. Would you be able to give more infromation. Please find the image with information about source the codec.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Did you manage to get DVB subtitles to wowza by any chance mojbuk?
    Best Regards

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs down Transcode DVB-S Subtitle from multicast

    Quote Originally Posted by Kojak_UK View Post
    Did you manage to get DVB subtitles to wowza by any chance mojbuk?
    Best Regards
    I'm still not able to display live video with captions DVBS multicast sources. Is there any progress in Wowza Media Server on this issue?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,962

    Default

    It is a possible future feature, but I have no time frame. I don't think there is ongoing work on it, but I will forward your comment so your interest is noted.

    Richard

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    It is a possible future feature, but I have no time frame. I don't think there is ongoing work on it, but I will forward your comment so your interest is noted.

    Richard
    Any news regarding this feature?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Hi,
    There's no news on this. I will be sure to pass along your interest in this to our product managers.

    Daren

Similar Threads

  1. Can't select subtitle on IOS
    By mans71 in forum Closed Captioning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 08:44 AM
  3. Wowza subtitle support
    By princeofpersia in forum Video On Demand Streaming Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •