Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not getting image overlay on live streams

Yes, I am playing transcoded live stream.

I have configured wowza 3.5 for live and recording using httpprovider with 30 day trial license. It works fine.

I followed steps given in http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....configTemplate.

After that I added transcoder in conf/liv/Application.xml to add watermark to live stream.
    We are using H.264 stream so using /transcoder/templates/transrate.xml template. In the template enabled overlay (set true) and

Stream manager shows below sterams under live/_definist
    001204A006F5.stream_mobile[remove stream group]
    240p
    160p
    001204A006F5.stream_all[remove stream group]
    source
    240p
    360p
    160p

Can I use watermark without transcoding ?

sorry, I was not using transcoded live stream
    I can see wowza icon after playing transcoded stream.

Thanks for hwlping

Hello Richard,

I saw in one of the messages above, you said 'if the source is named "myStream", trying playing myStream_360p'. I played the stream name + '_360p', and it indeed worked.

However, I am curious what the 360p means. Is it something to do with the dimensions of the video?

lee

Okie,

Forget that last question. I understand now what the ###p thing is all about.

Does this mean that I need to configure all the stream types in the file? Is it possible to just encode for one type and play only that stream type?

lee

Lee,

The template is a starting place, a working example. You can modify it to your needs. As always, good idea to keep a copy of the original to revert to.

Richard

HI there
    That exactly what i want to do.I am new here and i am not so familiar with its function.I want to display image on live and recording stream.But it seems unuseful for me in this area.
    There is indeed some useful solution here.But i want to know that if there is some image program which supports to display the image directly.Thanks for any suggestions.

Wowza support - I wonder if it is possible to use an image that is externally hosted? Such as on AWS?

Thanks,

J

Hi,

The ImagePath is somewhere on the filesystem. It could be a mountpoint of a network share, or you could create a simple script using wget or curl to fetch an image file via an HTTP call and place it in the ImagePath directory.

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12