Thread: Transcoded stream to Android via RTSP AND Adaptive Bitrate to Others?

Default Transcoded stream to Android via RTSP AND Adaptive Bitrate to Others?

Hello - I've search the forums and cannot find exactly what I am looking for...

I would like to bring in an MPEG4 stream from an older Axis camera, transcode it to H.264, and deliver to Android devices via RTSP and IOS/PCs via Adaptive Bitrate streams.

I've been able to successfully configure and stream either/or but not both.

I am new to the Wowza Streaming Engine and working through the 180 day eval to see if I can get it to work for our applications.

Hi there, can you explain what issue you are having exactly?
    One thing to note is Adaptive Bitrate streaming is not supported over RTSP.

Salvadore

I create a new application named trans. I create a stream file name cam1.stream for the camera - rtsp://userassword@IP/img/h264media.sav. I enable the Transcoder AddOn. I copy the Transcode template to a template named tcode. In the new template I delete all encodes except 160p and 360p and disable audio in both and delete all the Stream Name Groups. I enable "Match incoming stream name to template name" and "tcode" as my Fallback Template in the Transcoder settings. I can play via RTSP using rtsp://IP:1935/trans/cam1.stream_360p.
    In my tcode template, I create a Stream Name Group called mbit (mp4:${SourceStreamName}_mbit) with both the 160p and 360p encodes in it. When going to the Adobe HDS test player and using http://IP:1935/trans/ngrp:cam1.stream_mbit/manifest.f4m for the URL I get "The F4M document contains errors URL missing from Media tag"

OK, forget it :-) I performed a fresh installation of the server so I could go through and document my steps. THe error above was from the Transcoder being disabled after making a change to it (I forgot to change Fallback Template to tcode).