Thread: Engine Manager Transcode Control?

Default Engine Manager Transcode Control?

Could you please let me know if there will be a transcode control interface in future versions of the manager? Would be nice to see the transcode and stop/start. Ditto for pushpublish addon.

Hello,

It is possible to enable/disable the transcoder addon from the Wowza UI. Also, you are able to see the streams resulting from the transcoder as well.
    Both, Transcoder and the PushPublishing addon, if they are enabled, are fired up as soon as the configured stream is being published.
    If you are asking to start/stop those addons on-the-fly, then this feature is not currently supported. I agree with you. I would be a nice feature to add.

Zoran

Quote Originally Posted by zoran_u View Post
    Hello,

It is possible to enable/disable the transcoder addon from the Wowza UI. Also, you are able to see the streams resulting from the transcoder as well.
    Both, Transcoder and the PushPublishing addon, if they are enabled, are fired up as soon as the configured stream is being published.
    If you are asking to start/stop those addons on-the-fly, then this feature is not currently supported. I agree with you. I would be a nice feature to add.

Zoran
    Its not so much turn on and of the addon but control the transcodes and pushes i.e. restart broken ones and get some kind of status ..