Thread: Wowza Engine 4.0.1 not working

Default Wowza Engine 4.0.1 not working

Hi there,

I had wowza 3.6.2 for few months now and yesterday I uninstalled it and Installed 4.0.1 with new Licence keys I received. Everything installed ok, I entered the licence number when it asked for it, created a password and started the engine service. I can access the Wowza manager etc.

But I am unable to play a sample video in the test players in wowza manager, it gives me a message at the bottom of the player VOD folder not found. I can't play live video or publish live video to it either.

Wowza service is running fine. I been talking to support for last 2 days and its not getting anywhere.

can anyone help with this please.

ravinder

Hello! Probably, when you create connection information, for example in Wirecast, you have forgotten to enter username and password for live publishing. Try that: go to enginemanager http://localhost:8088/enginemanager/ -> Applications -> live -> Incoming Security -> Edit -> and set in RTMP Publishing to Open (no authentication required) and then try again like in http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ideo-tutorial) If everything is OK, then in this is problem.

I tried that it did not work, I checked the log file its says unable to bind to port 8087 address already used. I have my site hosted on the same server, which is built in Joomla and it users port 80. any suggestions please.

I took a look, and you seem to have it working now.

Richard

Yes thanks richard, I just restarted the server and it is working fine. thanks you.