Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating subfolders with streams files in content

Default Creating subfolders with streams files in content

Hey everyone.

I would like to know how can i create a subfolder in content directory and use to streaming. For example access with VLC the url:

When i try create one subfolder in content with one file named that error is launched in Flash RTMP Player:
    'Failed to play /subfolder_name/; stream not found.'

Details: Wowza version 4.0.3 in AMI with Linux.
    Last edited by guinoz; 05-21-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Hi there, to access content in a sub folder you need to include the app instance. By default this is named "_definst_"

So your URL would look something like this:

Thanks for reply Salvadore!

So i tried it before and didn't work.
    Is necessary change something in config files?

As long as the sub folder is located inside the [install-dir]/content folder and your Application.xml file is configured to use the "content" directory <StorageDir>/content it should work.

How are you starting the stream? StartupStreams.xml? Stream Manager? or through the UI with Server/Startup Streams? Are you sure you are starting the stream?

I should say, it worked in my test.
    It may be a connectivity issue, what do you see in the access logs after the publish event?

Hey Salvadore,

I remade tests and worked. I started streams by UI with Wowza Streaming Engine. Thank you very much!
    But I have a question yet...
    If i have multiple folders in content how can i manage them? Is it possible to use Wowza Streaming Engine for subfolders?

Thanks for the update and I am glad you got it working.

I am not sure what your next question is? You can have multiple sub-folders inside the content folder.

Thanks a lot Salvadore.

So when i create one stream in the "Stream Files" the file is saved in /content but i want save him in /content/subfolder_that_i_choose changing the storage location "dynamically". Is this possible with Wowza Streaming Engine?

There is no way that I know of to specify where the new stream file is created via the UI, it will create the file to whatever directory is set in the application <StorageDir>

Understood. Thank you very much again for informations Salvadore.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by guinoz; 05-23-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast