Thread: Stream problem

Default Stream problem

Hey Everyone,

I create some streams with the "Stream Files" in Wowza Streaming Engine but when i try to access in Test Players of Wowza Streaming Engine the message is shown:
    "Status: Playing"
    and later
    "Status: is now published"
    But the streaming doesn't start.

In The "Incoming Streams" the stream is active...
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    Last edited by guinoz; 05-22-2014 at 06:45 AM.

The stream file indeed is active, which means WSE is actively attempting to pull a stream or is waiting for an MPEG-TS connection to arrive. That does not necessarily validate the stream itself.

What do you see in your log statements?

Try testing the URL that's in the stream file in a test player, like VLC player, to confirm that it is valid.

Thanks for reply Tim.

Understood. So i was seeing "wowzastreamengine_error.log" file in the folder logs. He is showing repeatly:
    "ERROR server comment 2014-05-22 00:49:11 - - - - - 12651.947 - - - - - - - -
    MediaCasterConnection.connect: Failed to connect[URL-in-stream-file] : org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: Failed to get the session
    [ConnectException: null].|at tSession(|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.MediaCasterC onnection.connect(|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rt p.RTPSessionDescriptionDataProviderBasicRTSPWorker.doConnect(RTPSessionDescripti|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPSes sionDescriptionDataProviderBasic.getSessionDescriptionData(RTPSessionDescription|at com.wowza.wms.mediacaster.rtp.RTPMediaCaster.getStreamInfo(|

But testing in VLC the URL is valid and show me the camera...
    Could you tell me what might be happening?

There is some connectivity problem here, between Wowza and the source. Is the VLC client you tested the stream source with on a different machine?

Hey Richard,

I make the VLC test in other computer and worked. I thought that could be the connectivity but all .stream files are so far showing the same message. Some worked earlier but now no more.

In "Incoming Streams" I see signal coming too. For example:

Network Throughput
    Bytes In: 9417 @ 8.580 Kbits/s
    Bytes Out: 0 @ 0.000 bits/s

But in "Stream Uptime" is ever few seconds like: up for about a few seconds
    Last edited by guinoz; 05-22-2014 at 02:40 PM.

We'll have to take a closer look. If you can first re-start Wowza and test just one problem stream, try to play it back in Wowza test RTMP player. Then zip up /conf and the access log showing Wowza re-starting, streams starting and your playback test to Include the .stream file. Is the source on a public IP that we can test? Also include a link to this post for reference.