Thread: Live-Application: Record all incoming streams - framerate and number of recorded file

Default Live-Application: Record all incoming streams - framerate and number of recorded file

Dear Wowza Community,

in our organisation some of our live streams must be recorded, therefore I use the option "Record all incoming streams". So we don't need to start and stop recording manually. If someone will have the records of the streams I will forward him/her the recorded files. Based on my experiences with that function I just have two questions:

a.) Framerate
    I have seen that the framerate of the recorded videos is variable. There are a few problems to cut videos with variable frame rate (we have to re-encode them etc). Is there any possibility to force Wowza (or the Transocder-Plugin) to use a fixed framerate?

b.) Output file names of recordings
    The output file names are e.g: streamname_1.mp4, streamname_2.mp4, streamname_3.mp4, ... Is there a limit of file name numbers? E.g. if number 99 is reached the recorder will start at 1 and will overwrite old recordings ...

Thank you & with best regards, Anton

Hi,
    a) You could try this technique to find the correct parameter to Configure CBR, instead of VBR.

b) The number would be fairly large (max integer I believe). The filename format is fixed for that particular recording technique. Instead you would get more control over the whole recording process, and still automatically record, by using the Auto Record module.

Daren