Thread: stream pre-created chunks and static mpd playlist file for MPEG DASH

Default stream pre-created chunks and static mpd playlist file for MPEG DASH

Hi,

I have pre-created chunks and static mpd playlist for MPEG DASH. Is there a way using which this can be achieved?

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh.kedia View Post
    Hi,

I have pre-created chunks and static mpd playlist for MPEG DASH. Is there a way using which this can be achieved?

Yes, actually. You can use Bitdash Player for example to play the files and stream them live or VOD. Bitdash communicates perfectly with Wowza.

They have a non-commercial version to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Johndev View Post
    Yes, actually. You can use Bitdash Player for example to play the files and stream them live or VOD. Bitdash communicates perfectly with Wowza.

They have a non-commercial version to try.
    I guess you misinterpreted my question. Let me rephrase the same :- I have pre-created chunks and static mpd playlist file instead of single mp4 file for MPEG DASH. can i use wowza to stream the chunks using that static mpd playlist?

TIA

Streaming pre-created .ts chunk files and static .m3u8 playlists is not currently supported by Wowza Streaming Engine.

This is also a duplicate post, please refrain from posting the same question multiple times.

Thank you,

Salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    Streaming pre-created .ts chunk files and static .m3u8 playlists is not currently supported by Wowza Streaming Engine.

This is also a duplicate post, please refrain from posting the same question multiple times.

Thank you,

Salvadore
    Hi Salvadore,

I guess you have been mistaken regarding this post and last post. Though the context is more or less the same. The reason behind posting this question was that I found a forum discussion regarding wowza streaming smooth chunks

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...oblems-Wowza-3

Due to this I had to post different questions for different playback types and there pre-created chunk and playlist files

Hi,
    The answer is generally the same for all the supported http playback types.
    Streaming from pre-created chunk files and static playlists is not currently supported by Wowza Streaming Engine.

Daren