Thread: Live Stream dying after 20 min; Fragment Duration?

Question Live Stream dying after 20 min; Fragment Duration?

Hello all,

We have a live stream coming from FMLE to Wowza 4.x. It is dying after a varying period of time, roughly 20 minutes or so. When FMLE gets disconnected (from both our primary and backup Wowza servers), the Wowza logs are showing a warning:

LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[MYAPP/_definst_/play]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [4.9,3.2,4.3]

Is this what's causing the stream to die, or is a separate issue? There's a ton of these in the error logs.

Thank you!

Hello,

I am having this issue also and it's so annoying. It's in production now and in my situations it sometimes dies even in 5 secs.

Could you please provide some details about root cause and provide a solution?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by streamapp View Post
    Hello,

I am having this issue also and it's so annoying. It's in production now and in my situations it sometimes dies even in 5 secs.

Could you please provide some details about root cause and provide a solution?

Thank you!
    We use Adobe's Flash Media Live Encoder to stream - there's a Keyframe setting in the advanced encoder settings (next to the video format dropbox). We changed the Keyframe to 2 seconds and now the warning is gone from our logs.

However, this has had no effect that I can tell on the stream dropping, unfortunately.

Hello,

Glad the keyframe errors went away. The next step would be checking your Wowza Streaming specs to make sure it meets the requirements: https://www.wowza.com/products/strea...specifications

I would also recommend sending the log files to:Open Ticket

[install-dir]/conf
    [install-dir]/logs
    [install-dir]/transcoder
    [install-dir]/manager/logs
    If you are not sure how to get this information please see the following tutorial.
    How to compress log files

Best,

Jason Tuchler
    Wowza Media Systems