Thread: Unable to play Wowza HTTP live smil stream file through JW player

Default Unable to play Wowza HTTP live smil stream file through JW player

I'm using Wowza Streaming Server and I've made a transcoded stream and add it to a smil file for adaptive bitrate streaming. Now I am trying to play the smil file via JW player Quick publish tool in their website. but I'm getting the error "No playable source found".

But I can play the stream via VLC player easily. I need to play the stream in web by embedding JW player. So, please suggest me how to fixed this or which web player can I use to play the stream in web instead of JW player.

My streaming smil file url: http://119.15.156.95:1935/live/smil:.../playlist.m3u8

Hello there.

Please take a look at this guide:
    How to use JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Streaming Engine

Best,

Salvadore

Salvadore,
    In your recommended link, I found the JW player embedded code for VOD application, but I need it for Wowza live stream application.

JW Player does not use the server-side smil. JW Player uses a local .smil. You can leverage the server-side smil for JW Player 6. Check the NOTES section at the bottom for examples of live stream URLs and using ngrp:
    How to use JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Streaming Engine

You can find an example here

Regards,

Salvadore