First, thanks so much for taking some of your time to help me with this. I will describe what I have done and what I am getting. I would also like to let you know that I'm a newbie on this.
This is my scenario:
- My PC: 8Gb Ram / Core i7
- I'm working with the Wowza trial version. (To see if this tool really works for me)
- I'm streaming from an Android device (Gocoder) (352x288 / 280 kbps / Just Video)
- I have updated the server to production performance.
- I have to stream that live streaming to Android AND iOS devices.
- I followed these steps to reduce the latency.
- I'm using JW Player and followed the steps you can see on this page. "Simple RTMP and Apple HLS streaming example" section. (Self-Hosted mode)
- I have a WAMP server installed, where I have created a demo web page. There I implemented the JWPlayer as you can see above.
And now the thing is that, when I open on Chrome the demo web page I created for testing on WAMP and reproduce the Live Video using JWplayer on the computer where I have installed the Wowza Server. I'm getting 1 sec delay. (Great!)
BUT when access the demo web page I created for testing on WAMP, with an Android OR iOS device I'm getting 15-25 secs delay. This is happening in LAN so I think this shouldn't have that long delay.
- I have also tried using the "Cloud-Hosted Player" version on JWPlayer, but the delay is also too long.
- For some reason, when I remove the .m3u8 link from the example below the "Simple RTMP and Apple HLS streaming example" section of this page, the video cant be reproduced. I really need to add the rtmp (android) version in the example to reproduce the video. Im not sure why this is happening.
I already saw this thread:
And followed the recommendations the community gave to "leonardteo" but the delay is still too long.
Is it possible to reduce the delay on devices to 1 sec?
Please help me with this! have spent a lot of time trying to see what could be happening, but I cant figure it out what is going on. Maybe this is normal? Any suggestion?