Wowza Forums Code of Conduct and Guidelines
This code of conduct governs the Wowza Media Systems forum discussions.
The Wowza Media Systems forums are an inclusive space that is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof). A diverse and friendly community with unique perspectives will lead to a stronger live-streaming community.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our Wowza.com Forums community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
- This Wowza Media Systems Forums are not an official source of technical support.
- For official support, please submit a support ticket to Wowza Media Systems here.
- We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- We will not allow billing questions in the forum in order to protect your private account information.
Basic Usage Guidelines
- Please utilize the forums search bar by entering your question and reviewing related discussions before posting.
- Be friendly and patient.
- Be respectful. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack.
- When you ask a question, please be patient. Do not repost it. Allow 48 hours for a response.
- Use code blocks. Don’t paste code as plain text.
- Use supportive language to let people they’re in the wrong forum space. If they’re in the wrong channel, point them to the right one. If their question is badly worded, attempt to have them correct it using respectful language.
- Take into account cultural differences and language barriers. Kindly ask for clarification.
- Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature.
- Do not use unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms.
- Do not show disrespect towards others. (Jokes, innuendo, dismissive attitudes.)
- Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person).
- Promotion of your own services or products outside the Hire A Consultant Space- it will be considered spam and be deleted. You’ll receive a warning and a second violation will result in removal from the forums.
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion.
- Posting duplicate questions.
- Ignoring warnings from forum moderators.
- Spam posts
- Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop.
- Not understanding the differences between constructive criticism and disparagement.
- Sustained disruptions.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language.
Hire a Consultant Forum Guidelines:
- General, basic promotion and information about yourself and your experience with Wowza is encouraged but being salesy or a jerk is not; this is not a yellow pages space, rather it is our community space
- No negative marketing or positioning, regarding Wowza, other consultants, or other companies or products
- By listing here, you must ensure you treat Wowza customers with respect and Wowza reserves the right to remove or prohibit listings that fail to do so
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including staff and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action deemed appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning.
- Moderators reserve the right to delete self-promotional or commercial posts.
- Content that has been identified as objectionable, inappropriate, or off-topic will be subject to deletion by channel moderators. Posters will receive a warning and risk being blocked from the channel if unacceptable behavior persists.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, please notify us as soon as possible.