Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.21 contains several bug fixes for improved performance. Also, the scaler was migrated back to MainConcept, improving transcoding performance. Last, we implemented a feature where the page number and magazine number for MPEGTS streams with DVB Teletext subtitles can be edited through the .stream file.
- Added validation to Wowza Streaming Engine Manager to disable all users if the authentication method is not valid.
- Fixed a bug related to the configuration of the property cupertinoChunkDurationTarget for VOD applications and added cupertinoChunkDurationTargetVOD to Wowza Streaming Engine Manager application properties.
- Fixed a Haivision bug for Windows users by updating the SRT libraries for Windows to v1.5.1. The SRT libraries were also updated for Linux. For more information about the updated libraries, refer to this page.
- Replaced Beamr scaler with MainConcept.
- Fixed an issue where PushPublish modules were taking too long to return for a failed request.
- Fixed an issue where network issues caused server crashes.
- Modified the default decoding preset from Beamr to Default.
- Fixed a bug that caused issues with setting client restrictions from Wowza Streaming Engine Manager.
- Updated the library Apache Commons Text to 1.10.0 to overcome CVE-2022-42889 vulnerability.
- Fixed a bug where RTCP packet logs were overloading the CPU for lengthy streams.
- Implemented a feature where the page number and magazine number for MPEGTS streams with DVB Teletext subtitles can be edited through the .stream file.
- Fixed a bug where DASH manifests uploaded to AWS were not playable.
- Added Oracle Storage as a provider for DASH push publish profile.
- Fixed a bug on Wowza Streaming Engine Manager for Live HTTP Origin Application where an error message is expected to pop up if the playback type is not configured.
- Added ETag header to HTTP Origin responses.
Change in configuration of magazine and page number for DVB Teletext subtitles. https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-specify-per-stream-settings-in-stream-files