Thread: Using ec2 load balancer vs wowza load balancer and the best instances for me.

Default Using ec2 load balancer vs wowza load balancer and the best instances for me.

Hi ,

I'm using actually two servers wowza version 3.5.0 running on Windows 2008R2.

the first server is a physical hp dl380 G5 with two quad cpus ( 8 cores ) and 12 Gb of memory.

The second is a virtual machine with 8 vcpu and 8 GB of memory.

The load balancing is done our Cisco Ace and the media files are on a share. We only do a on demand streaming .

- Rigth now We are consuming a 1.4GB Totatl Bandhwith ( in and out for two servers ) at apeek and we expect this to increase.

My questions are related in case of moving those servers to aws network :

1 - Reffering to this thread http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...ce-Performance I have to use 2 c1.xlarge instances to cover the need off bandhwith.

2 - should we use the aws Load Balancer or the wowza load balancer and Why ?.

thanks.

Mahmoud

3 -

Hi
    You will need to use the Wowza load balancer because sessions will have to stay on the server first allocated and it also supports RTMP redirection.

Jason

What if he were using HTTP origin mode? I believe that doesn't use sessions, correct?

Hello, I am interested in the Wowza Load Balanced configuration you were using with the Cisco ACE. We are interested in setting up a similar configuration and are wondering how you set this up.

Thanks,

Wes

Wes,

A guide is included with the package, which can get here

Richard