One question before the workflow, I had also tested pushing directly to the Wowza CDN to transcode and stream. If I used the same stream name for that setup as the stream name I used for the source when I created the stream target would that cause a conflict that might be the cause of this issue?
For my source it comes from a video mixer that has different sources available, for testing I’m playing a video from a laptop into the mixer then to a computer via an Osprey capture card.
I use Adobe Encoder on the computer to push the content (single bitrate) to the Wowza server via port 1935.
I have a transcoder setup for the application to create 5 different bitrates and the nDVR is enabled.
I create a stream target for Wowza CDN giving it a unique name, the name of the origin stream and set to multi-bitrate with server set to redundant.
It always works when I setup and test, it’s when I come back later and start up a stream to test that it sometimes fails.
I have been trying many configurations during my testing so it could be just an issue with all the changes I’m making, but I’m done now so I will try streaming each day this week to see if there is still an issue.
We have our first live stream this Saturday but it’s only one day, so if needed having to recreate would not be a big deal, but the following Sunday we start a 7 day live stream so want to make sure I have this sorted out by then.