Golden, Colo. — April 14, 2016 — Wowza Media Systems™, the leading software and cloud-based services provider that continuously simplifies the complexities of high-quality video and audio streaming for organizations worldwide, today announced enhancements across its product portfolio that help customers capitalize on the explosive global demand for live and on-demand streaming. New features to the company’s market-leading Wowza Streaming Engine™ software and Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service streamline ease-of-use and expand customization options. Additionally, the introduction of the Wowza Streaming Cloud™ REST API and the Wowza GoCoder™ SDK (software development kit) gives service providers and developers flexible options to build custom workflows, solutions and end-to-end mobile live video apps.
Live video streaming is becoming ubiquitous and is hailed as the next big thing for social media apps and user engagement. Consumers, employees, students, customers and prospects across every use case and industry expect live video to be available everywhere and at all times. This means organizations of all sizes and technical abilities need to move quickly and utilize proven technology to deliver professional-quality video content or risk falling behind. With Wowza’s new enhancements, the company continues to expand its technology portfolio and solidify its reputation as a trusted video streaming partner for organizations of all sizes and technical abilities.
Wowza Streaming Cloud: More Advanced Options, Cost-Effective Scaling
Wowza Streaming Cloud is a complete, straightforward solution to deliver professional-grade live streaming to viewers around the world. With its enhanced features customers now benefit from:
- New REST API creates workflow options and enables on-demand use: Wowza Streaming Cloud REST API enables service providers and developers to pick and choose the precise components they want to build scalable, reliable streaming solutions in the cloud. With the REST API, customers can control and manage transcoding settings, choose additional stream sources and add stream targets to add redundancy, optimize streams for specific applications and devices and scale to larger and more widely distributed audiences.
- Significantly reduced latency: Wowza’s advanced latency controls are an industry first, enabling users to customize latency options so they can provide an optimal streaming experience.
- Easy-to-use stream health monitoring: Intuitive stream monitoring gives customers a holistic look at the health of their streams, so they can quickly identify problems, reduce service interruptions and solve compatibility issues. In the event that a stream does encounter an issue, the option to fallback to a video loop helps improve the viewer experience.
Wowza Streaming Engine: Enhancements Expand Ease-of-Use and Customization
The newest release of Wowza Streaming Engine will include features designed to make it even easier to use and customize, so customers can experience:
- Integration between Wowza Streaming Engine and Wowza Streaming Cloud for CDN (Content Delivery Network) distribution: By combining Wowza Streaming Engine software with Wowza Streaming Cloud for CDN distribution, customers benefit from a cost-effective scaling solution for worldwide streaming.
- Improvements in load balancing: Enhancements to the load balancer ensure more reliable streaming. Added multi-protocol support redirects streams between multiple Wowza Streaming Engine servers based on bandwidth, connection and geographical constraints.
- Expanded options for content distribution: Service providers and CDNs can integrate their solutions with the Stream Targets feature inside of Wowza Streaming Engine to allow customers to easily scale and distribute their live streams.
- Simplified workflow for audio streaming: Built-in functionality with SHOUTcast and Icecast in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager create a simplified workflow for audio-only customers streaming music, news programs or talk shows.
“We continue to evolve, simplify and expand the power of our streaming solutions so customers can quickly and affordably create tailor-made video and audio solutions with the utmost control and flexibility,” said David Stubenvoll, CEO and co-founder of Wowza Media Systems. “These new enhancements help customers do just that, and are particularly well suited for service providers and developers that need powerful, professional-grade live streaming with advanced features and customization options.”
Wowza GoCoder SDK: Enabling End-to-End Live Mobile Broadcasting
The new Wowza Streaming Engine and Wowza Streaming Cloud capabilities follow the recent release of the Wowza GoCoder™ SDK, which is a key component to develop an end-to-end mobile broadcasting solution. Now organizations of any size can quickly and affordably create apps that incorporate high-quality live video streaming on iOS and Android platforms, so their users can broadcast live from mobile devices anywhere at anytime.
To see these technologies first-hand, Wowza representatives will be available for meetings at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Conference in Las Vegas, April 18-21, 2016 at Booth #SU5324. To schedule a meeting, please click here. To learn more about live streaming solutions from Wowza, visit www.wowza.com.