Welcome to the Wowza Support Articles and Forums! This site is designed to help you get up-and-running and to find solutions to many common issues.
Wowza® Media Systems offers a variety of support resources for our user community.
Under the Articles
tab, you will find many guides, tutorials, and code samples
to help you configure and use Wowza Streaming Engine™ software to its fullest potential. Articles are organized by category to make the information easy to find. See the Article List
for a complete list of all the Support Articles.
Under the Forum
tab, you can get help from Wowza Streaming Engine experts around the world
. Search for an answer, post your question, or answer other users' questions in the Wowza Forums.
The Wowza Streaming Engine Quick Start Guide
is a very short and quick tutorial
to get you started with Wowza Streaming Engine.
Starting with the release of Wowza Streaming Engine™ 4.0, Wowza® introduced Maintenance and Support contracts
to provide world-class service and support to its customers. Maintenance and support contracts entitle you to a number of benefits, including no-charge full version upgrades (for example, from Wowza Media Server 3.x to Wowza Streaming Engine 4), dot/point-release updates (for example, from Wowza Streaming Engine 4.0 to 4.x), and email technical support. License holders can create an account on Wowza.com and log in
to their Account Management
page to find available updates on the My Downloads
tab. You can enter your contacts for technical support on the My Support
For email support requests, be sure to provide the following information with your request to email@example.com
. To find this information, click the Server
tab in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, and then click About
in the contents pane.
- Wowza Streaming Engine version and build number
- Last four digits of license key
- Platform, operating system, and Java version on which Wowza Streaming Engine is running
- Detailed problem description that includes:
- URL of tutorial or instructions being used
- Player technology being used (Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, iOS device, set-top box, etc.)
- Live encoder/IP camera manufacturer/version and exact encoding settings (live streaming only)
- Send a compressed (zipped) folder that includes the [install-dir]/logs, [install-dir]/conf, and [install-dir]/transcoder folders from your Wowza Streaming Engine installation. See How to create a compressed zip file in Windows, Mac OS and Linux for instructions to create a ZIP file.
Under the Find a Consultant
tab, you can solicit paid help by posting your requirements, budget, and timescales for custom development or other specific work. Independent consultants can then provide feedback or private quotes along with contact information if they are interested in the job.
Try Wowza Streaming Engine software for free
Get started by downloading and installing Wowza Streaming Engine
with a FREE Trial Edition license
Wowza Streaming Engine was formerly known as Wowza Media Server. The name was changed to reflect the software's transformation from its early days as a single platform media server, to its new role as the robust, customizable, and scalable server software at the core of an organization's streaming to any device. Rest assured that what you already love about Media Server is still thereŚwe've just made it better. Check out our blog
for more information.