Wowza Media Systems™ regularly releases Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software builds with new features and functionality. You can install the software on your computer using an installer, or if you already have Wowza Streaming Engine installed, you can update it with a build updater.
Note: If you have problems with or want to provide feedback about our software updates, contact Wowza Technical Support. To learn about the variety of support resources that we offer to our user community, see our Support Resources webpage.
Wowza Streaming Engine software releases
Wowza Streaming Engine currently has the following types of software updates:
- Production – Long-term supported builds with new features, bug fixes, and full regression and performance testing for use in production environments.
- Patch – Between production releases, Wowza occasionally provides patch releases to fix bugs or regressions in the latest production release, which can be deployed in production environments for long-term stability. Patches undergo varying degrees of regression and performance testing but generally not as much as a long-term supported production build.
- Beta – For early access to new features and improvements being developed, Wowza also provides betas between production releases. Although QA has tested improvements and enhancements, full regression and performance testing haven't been performed on beta builds, and they should only be used in testing environments. Support for beta builds is fully available, but hotfixes are not guaranteed.
Latest production release
The latest Wowza Streaming Engine production build is Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.25+2 build 20231003151257 released October 4, 2023.
For a complete list of changes in this build, see the Wowza Streaming Engine 4.8.25 Release Notes.
Get the latest production release
- New Wowza Streaming Engine installation
Installers for the latest Wowza Streaming Engine production or patch build are available on our Downloads webpage and can be used to install a new Wowza Streaming Engine instance.
- Update an existing Wowza Streaming Engine installation
To update a Wowza Streaming Engine installation, sign in to your Account Management page using your Wowza account and then check the Downloads tab for the latest updater for your Wowza Streaming Engine version. You must have an active Maintenance and Support contract to receive updaters. For more information, see Wowza Streaming Engine Maintenance and Support.
Latest beta releases
Between production software releases, Wowza produces beta builds so you can get the latest bug fixes and improvements for Wowza Streaming Engine and get early access to new features being developed.
Although QA has tested improvements and enhancements, full regression and performance testing haven't been performed on beta builds, and they should only be used in testing environments. Support for beta builds is fully available, but hotfixes are not guaranteed.
There is no available beta release at this time.