Introducing the new Wowza Video, your all-in-one solution for robust streaming and video on demand (VOD). It’s your integrated platform for business-critical applications. Be it live streaming, OTT video streaming, or VOD, the new Wowza Video is your go-to solution for reliable streaming. It offers:
- Enhanced live streaming capabilities – Creating live streams is now easier than ever! You can choose what type of live stream you want to create and customize it according to your needs.
- Enhanced player configuration – Wowza Flowplayer is at the heart of this update. You'll also be able to have multiple players on hand.
- Enhanced video capabilities – Manage files, replace original files, clip and stitch videos, add subtitles, change poster images, create chapters, and create animated previews.
- Enhanced content management capabilities - Add metadata to improve findability of your videos with tags. Organize your videos with categories.
- Playlists – Curate and organize your video content seamlessly. Whether you're running a series of training videos or a collection of entertainment content, playlists streamline the process, making it more accessible to your audience.
- Advertising – For content providers looking to monetize their videos, the addition of client-side advertising is a game-changer. By integrating advertising into your video player, you can maximize your revenue.
- Analytics – Gain invaluable insights into audience behaviors, preferences, and engagement patterns, enabling informed decision-making for content creation, marketing strategies, and platform improvements.
We also have a new Wowza Video 2.0 API to programmatically integrate with the new Wowza Video experience. To learn more about the differences between API 1.x and 2.0, review the API migration lifecycle guide. For more information about the new Wowza Video, see About Wowza Video.
Who needs to upgrade
If you’re a Wowza Video subscriber and have no assets (recordings, VOD streams, asset records), you’ve already been placed into the new Wowza Video experience and don’t need to be a part of the upgrade process. You can continue to use the public Wowza Video 1.x API without breaking anything, but we encourage you to use the Wowza Video 2.0 API instead with its new endpoints for VOD and CMS. Wowza’s new Wowza Video experience has robust VOD and CMS capabilities you may decide you’d like to use once you learn more about the new experience. To do that, you’ll need to integrate and use the Wowza Video 2.0 API. You can read more about the differences between the 1.x API and 2.0 in the API migration lifecycle guide.
To learn more about the new user interface and functionality, see About Wowza Video.
If you're not in the new Wowza Video platform, an upgrade is necessary to access the enhanced experience. The updated Wowza Video consists of new VOD endpoints within the revamped Wowza Video 2.0 API, and it is required to move any existing assets (recordings, VOD streams, asset records) to the new Wowza Video experience.
You will need to upgrade if at least one of the following conditions apply:
- You have a Wowza Streaming Cloud account. The account must be upgraded to a Wowza Video account.
- Your company has Wowza Video or Wowza Streaming Cloud assets (recordings, VOD streams, or CMS assets). They’ll need to be moved to the new experience.
- Your company has a Wowza Video or Wowza Streaming Cloud API integration that includes assets. The integration will need to be updated to use the new Wowza Video 2.0 API.
If any of the bullets above apply to you, see our detailed upgrade article for more information about the upgrade process and what to expect.
- To learn more about our exciting new platform, see About Wowza Video.
- To learn more about our latest API version, see the API migration lifecycle guide.
- To learn more about the new Wowza Video upgrade process and what to expect, see the Upgrade article in our Wowza Video legacy documentation section.