Configure Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software to manage unaligned AAC packets that may be sent by some MPEG-TS-based encoders. These unaligned packets result in audio not being present when the stream is played.
You can configure application properties in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager or by editing [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml. If you make changes to Application.xml, any supported settings are displayed in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager the next time it's started. Wowza Media Server™ software doesn't support Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, so you must edit Application.xml in a text editor if you're running Media Server software.
Manage unaligned ACC packets in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager
- Click the Applications tab at the top of the page.
- In the Applications contents panel, click the name of your live application (such as live).
- On the live application page Properties tab, click RTP Jitter Buffer in the Quick Links bar.
- Click Edit in the RTP Jitter Buffer properties area, select the Enabled check box next to mpegtsAudioIsAligned and ensure the property is set to False.
- Click Save, and then restart the application to apply the changes.
Manage unaligned ACC packets in Application.xml
Use a text editor to open the [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml file for your live application and add the following property to the RTP/Properties container. Be sure to add the properties to the correct <Properties> container in Application.xml as there are several in the file.
Wowza Streaming Engine:
<Property> <Name>mpegtsAudioIsAligned</Name> <Value>false</Value> <Type>Boolean</Type> </Property>
Wowza Media Server:
<Property> <Name>audioIsAligned</Name> <Value>false</Value> <Type>Boolean</Type> </Property>
- Restart Wowza Streamig Engine or Wowza Media Server to apply the changes.