This article introduces the different parts of the Go Live Now page to help you find your way around the Wowza Video user interface.
When you click the Add new button, you can choose from several live stream options that can get you up and streaming quickly.
Go Live Now
Choose this option when you want to stream live video immediately. We take care of most of the configuration overhead for you, including automatically generating a hosted page to make it easy for your viewers to watch your stream.
You can always adjust the default configuration we've done on the stream's detail page after you've created it.
- Title — A short, descriptive identifier for the stream that differentiates it from other streams. It doesn't have to be unique.
- Region — The geographic region where Wowza Video transcodes and processes your live stream. Select a region that is as close as possible to where your stream will originate.
- Stream input type — The source for your live stream.
- RTMP, SRT, RTSP, WebRTC, Stream from file — Creates protocol-specific connection information you'll use to connect your encoder to Wowza Video. You'll access this connection information on the live stream details page. You might need to refer to your encoder's manual to make sure you add the connection information correctly.
- Wowza Streaming Engine, vMix, Epiphan, Telestream, LiveU, Teradek, Matrox, and IP camera — Creates a connection code or other specialized connection method for these cameras and encoders to make the setup quicker and easier.
If your input type requires additional information, like a source URL for an IP camera, add that information when it appears under Stream input type.
- Stream profile — Input resolution for the incoming stream source. Precision in selecting the input resolution makes a difference when you stream high-definition video and want the highest resolution available in the adaptive bitrate (ABR) ladder Wowza Video creates.
- Record this stream — Records the live stream and makes the video available in the Videos section of the user interface.