Wowza DRM technology in Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software provides integration with third-party digital rights management (DRM) key management systems to add on-the-fly encryption to live and video-on-demand workflows. For live workflows, per-stream encryption is available with the ability to rotate keys. For on-demand workflows, per-asset and per-session encryption is available with the ability to rotate keys. Both live and on-demand key rotation support is available for HLS streaming.
Currently, Wowza Streaming Engine supports the following key management systems:
- BuyDRM KeyOS – Protects HLS and MPEG-DASH live and video-on-demand streams using Microsoft PlayReady encryption.
- BuyDRM KeyOS MultiPack Wowza module – Protects HLS and MPEG-DASH live and video-on-demand streams using Apple Fairplay, Microsoft PlayReady, and Google Widevine encryption.
- EZDRM FairPlay Streaming – Supports HLS playback.
- EZDRM Universal – Supports MPEG-DASH playback.
- Verimatrix VCAS – Supports HLS playback with ViewRight clients on iOS-based devices, Android devices, PCs, and set-top boxes.
Perpetual and Subscription licenses for Wowza Streaming Engine provide for unlimited connections to a software instance and enable use of the Wowza DRM technology that's integrated with each licensed instance.
Note: If you purchased a license for Wowza Streaming Engine before January 1, 2015, contact us to learn more about how to license Wowza DRM.
To get started with Wowza DRM technology, see any of the following articles:
- Use BuyDRM KeyOS DRM with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Use BuyDRM KeyOS MultiPack with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Use EZDRM FairPlay Streaming DRM with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Use EZDRM PlayReady DRM with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Use EZDRM Universal DRM with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Use Verimatrix VCAS DRM with Wowza Streaming Engine