Wowza Video creates several images from your video during the encoding process and assigns one as the default. The video poster image displays in a video before it starts playing.
You can change the video poster three ways:
- Select a different image that's generated during encoding as the default.
- Add an image already in your Image Library.
- Upload a custom image to use as the video poster.
You can also use any frame in the video as the video poster.
Note: Make sure the aspect ratio of the custom image matches the ratio of the video clip.
To edit a video poster:
- Click Videos in the navigation.
- Select a Video in the Videos list.
- Click Change Poster. The current video poster displays at the top of the window.
- Do one of the following:
- Select one of the available images to be your new video poster. Click Update.
- Select Upload New Poster. Choose a file to use.
- Select Pick Image From Gallery. Choose a file to use. Click Update.
- Review the updated video poster in the video preview.