This article describes how to see if an update is available for the software on your Wowza ClearCaster™ appliance and if an update is available, how to apply it.
Note: Upgrading your appliance to version 2.0.0.07 or later is only available for ClearCaster appliances on hardware build 06 or higher. If you're not sure of your hardware build number, check the underside of the appliance.
Check for and apply a ClearCaster software update
With Wowza ClearCaster Manager
- Make sure that the ClearCaster appliance is turned on and that it isn't delivering a live stream to a destination. (You can't update the software while a broadcast is live.)
- Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com with your Wowza account, click Manage in the menu bar, and then click the Encoders tab.
- If Wowza has pushed a software update notification, an Update available message is displayed.
- Click Update Available, and then click Apply Update to start the software update process.
- Don't turn off the power to the ClearCaster appliance during the update. Doing so may cause unexpected results to occur, including causing the ClearCaster to become inoperable. The ClearCaster appliance will restart during the software update process.
Note: If several software updates have been made available since you last installed an update, the software update process will install the changes from all of the updates. To see what's changed from the software version that's installed on your ClearCaster, see the Wowza ClearCaster release notes.