Some MPEG-TS encoders don't align TS packets correctly in UDP packets. When this happens, you'll get the following warning messages in the logs:
RTPDePacketizerMPEGTS.handleRTPPacket: Out of sync: 0x[nn]
See the following steps to fix TS packet alignment in UDP packets for MPEG-TS encoders.
Note: Wowza Streaming Engine only allows a single rtpDePacketizerWrapper value. If you configured a jitter buffer or packet recorder that uses the same rtpDePacketizerWrapper, remove it before performing the steps below.
Fix TS packet alignment in UDP packets in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager
- Click the Applications tab and then click the name of your live application in the contents panel.
- On the application page Properties tab, click RTP Jitter Buffer in the Quick Links bar.
Note: Access to the Properties tab is limited to administrators with advanced permissions. For more information, see Manage credentials.
- Click Edit in the RTP Jitter Buffer properties area, select the Enabled check box next to rtpDePacketizerWrapper, and then enter the value com.wowza.wms.rtp.depacketizer.RTPDePacketizerWrapperReChunkMPEGTS.
- Click Save, and then restart the application to apply the changes.
Fix TS packet alignment in UDP packets in XML
- Use a text editor to open the [install-dir]/conf/[application]/Application.xml file for your live application and add the following property to the <RTP>/<Properties> container. Be sure to add the property to the correct <Properties> container in Application.xml as there are several such containers in the file.
<Property> <Name>rtpDePacketizerWrapper</Name> <Value>com.wowza.wms.rtp.depacketizer.RTPDePacketizerWrapperReChunkMPEGTS</Value> </Property>
- Restart Wowza Streaming Engine to apply the changes.