In Wowza Streaming Engine™ 4.2 (and later), with some cameras, you can control a camera's Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) features from within Wowza Streaming Engine Manager by launching the Pan/Tilt/Zoom Controller from the Incoming Streams page of a live application.
Before you start
You should complete the following tasks:
- Create a connection from your live application to your camera and then verify that you are connected to the camera's stream according Connect a live source to Wowza Streaming Engine.
Access Pan/Tilt/Zoom controls
- Click Stream Files in the contents panel for your application.
- Click the Edit icon for the stream file connecting to your camera.
- Enter or confirm the user credentials are entered into PTZ User Name and PTZ Password.
- Click Save.
- In the contents panel for your application, click Incoming Streams.
- Click the Pan Tilt Zoom icon for the stream connecting to your camera. files.
A dialog box appears with camera controls and a preview of the camera feed. The preview image is a static capture that will refresh frequently. For more information on changing this refresh rate, see Specify per-stream settings in Wowza Streaming Engine .stream.Note: Different camera models implement the PTZ features in different ways. If your camera doesn't respond to these controls, it may not be supported at this time.
- To pan and tilt the camera, use the four-way cursor buttons. To return the camera to its default position, click the Reset button in the center. To zoom the camera in and out, use the magnifying glass buttons.
- Click Close to return to the Incoming Streams page.
Change Pan/Tilt/Zoom settings
You can customize how Wowza Streaming Engine connects to your camera's PTZ controls and change values such as connection timeouts and the preview refresh rate.To access PTZ settings:
- In Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, click the Applications tab, and then Stream Files under the name of your application in the contents panel.
- Click the Edit icon for the stream file in the list that will re-stream your camera output.
- In the stream file's Properties tab, click Pan/Tilt/Zoom in the Quick Links bar.
For more information on each PTZ property, see Specify per-stream settings in Wowza Streaming Engine .stream files.