Before you can send a live video stream from Wowza ClearCaster™ to a destination, you must register the ClearCaster appliance with a Wowza™ account. If you will share access to the ClearCaster appliance with additional users from your organization, you must add those users as support contacts.
Note: If you don't have a Wowza account to register your ClearCaster, create a Wowza account.
Register Wowza ClearCaster with your Wowza account
- Turn on the power to the ClearCaster appliance and wait for an activation code to appear in the LCD. This may take a few seconds.
- Go to the Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com and sign in with your Wowza account.
- Click Manage in the menu bar.
- Enter the activation code displayed in the ClearCaster appliance LCD into the ClearCaster Activation Code box on your account webpage, and then click Activate.
- In the Activate a New ClearCaster dialog, do the following and then click Activate.
- Enter a name in the Name this ClearCaster field.
- Review the Wowza ClearCaster Software End User License Agreement and the Wowza Privacy and Cookies Policies.
- The Wowza ClearCaster Manager displays your registered ClearCaster.
Note: If you need to change Wowza ClearCaster registration details, such as the email address you used to register the appliance, contact Wowza Support.
Add support contacts for your Wowza ClearCaster
If you share access to your Wowza ClearCaster with others in your organization, you can add up to five support contacts to your Wowza account. Adding users as support contacts will give them access to the appliance through the Wowza ClearCaster Manager and access to technical support.
- Go to the My Account page and sign in with your Wowza Account.
- Click the Support tab.
- In the Manage Support Users section, click + Add.
- Enter the requested information for the support contact, and click Save.
After you add a support contact, the new contact must create their own Wowza account if they don't already have one. They then have access to the shared ClearCaster appliance in the Wowza ClearCaster Manager as well as technical support.