Before you can send a live video stream from Wowza ClearCaster™ to Facebook Live, you must register the ClearCaster device with a Wowza™ account and associate (pair) it with a Facebook account. You can pair the ClearCaster with the Facebook account you want to use for sharing your Facebook Live streams during the registration process. Or you can wait until later to Pair Wowza ClearCaster with Facebook.
Note: If you don't have a Wowza account to register your ClearCaster, create a Wowza account.
Video Tutorial: Wowza ClearCaster registration and pairing
Register Wowza ClearCaster with your Wowza account
- Turn on the power to the ClearCaster and wait for an activation code to appear in the LCD. This may take a few seconds.
- Go to the Wowza ClearCaster Admin webpage at clearcaster.wowza.com and sign in with your Wowza account.
- Enter the activation code displayed in the ClearCaster LCD into the ClearCaster Activation Code box on your account webpage, and then click Activate.
- Give your ClearCaster a name in the Name this ClearCaster box, review the Wowza ClearCaster Software End User License Agreement and the Wowza Privacy and Cookies Policies, and then click Activate.
- You can associate (pair) the ClearCaster with the Facebook account you want to use for sharing your Facebook Live video streams during the device registration process. If you're not logged in to Facebook, you can connect to Facebook and pair the ClearCaster with the account.After you log in to your Facebook account, you can pair your activated ClearCaster with that Facebook account now.If you want to pair the ClearCaster to this Facebook account later, or if this isn't the Facebook account you want to use for sharing your Facebook Live streams, click No, Do not pair with Facebook, and then see the instructions in Pair Wowza ClearCaster with Facebook.
- The Wowza ClearCaster Admin webpage will display your registered ClearCaster, and if you paired it with a Facebook account, the name of the Facebook account it's paired with is shown.
Note: If you need to change Wowza ClearCaster registration details, such as the email address you used to register the device, contact Wowza Support.
Discuss this article in the Wowza ClearCaster forum.