Before you can send a live video stream from Wowza ClearCaster™ to an RTMP-based destination, you must register the ClearCaster appliance with a Wowza™ account. If you plan to use Facebook mode to stream to Facebook Live, you must also associate (pair) the ClearCaster with a Facebook account, either during the registration process or afterward. If you will share access to the ClearCaster appliance with additional users from your organization, you must add those users as support contacts.
Note: If you don't have a Wowza account to register your ClearCaster, create a Wowza account.
Register Wowza ClearCaster with your Wowza account
- Turn on the power to the ClearCaster appliance and wait for an activation code to appear in the LCD. This may take a few seconds.
- Go to the Wowza ClearCaster Manager at clearcaster.wowza.com and sign in with your Wowza account. Ensure that the toggle at the top points to Facebook mode.
Note: Activation from Facebook mode affects the appliance regardless of the mode used for operation.
- Enter the activation code displayed in the ClearCaster LCD into the ClearCaster Activation Code box on your account webpage, and then click Activate.
- In the Activate a New ClearCaster dialog, do the following and then click Activate.
- Enter a name in the Name this ClearCaster field.
- Select what Facebook service you'd like to Use this ClearCaster with: Facebook.com or Facebook Workplace.
- If you plan to operate the ClearCaster in universal mode, ignore the Use this ClearCaster with setting and leave it set to the default.
- Using your Wowza ClearCaster with Workplace by Facebook is by invitation only. Contact Wowza Support to request access. For more information, see Configure Wowza ClearCaster to stream to Workplace by Facebook.
- Review the Wowza ClearCaster Software End User License Agreement and the Wowza Privacy and Cookies Policies
(Optional) Before you can publish ClearCaster broadcasts to Facebook using Facebook mode, you must pair your ClearCaster with the Facebook account you'll use for sharing your live stream broadcasts. You can associate (pair) your ClearCaster with Facebook now, during the appliance registration process, or another time.
Note: For more information about streaming to Facebook using Wowza ClearCaster universal mode, see Create and manage Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts in universal mode.To pair with Facebook during registration
- On the ClearCasters page, click YES, Connect to Facebook.
- When prompted, enter your Facebook account username and password.
- After you log in to your Facebook account, click YES, Pair with [Account Name], where [Account Name] is the name associated with your Facebook account.
If you want to pair the ClearCaster to this Facebook account later, or if this isn't the account you want to use for sharing your Facebook Live streams, click No, Do not pair with Facebook, and then see the instructions in Pair Wowza ClearCaster with Facebook when you're ready.
- The Wowza ClearCaster Manager will display your registered ClearCaster, and if you paired it with a Facebook account, the name of the account it's paired with is shown.
Note: If you need to change Wowza ClearCaster registration details, such as the email address you used to register the appliance, contact Wowza Support.
Add support contacts for your Wowza ClearCaster
If you share access to your Wowza ClearCaster with others in your organization, you can add up to five support contacts to your Wowza account. Adding users as support contacts will give them access to the appliance through the Wowza ClearCaster Manager and access to technical support.
- Go to the My Account page and sign in with your Wowza Account.
- Click the My Support tab.
- In the Manage Support Contacts section, click + Add.
- Enter the requested information for the support contact, and click Save.
After you add a support contact, the new contact must create their own Wowza account if they don't already have one. They then have access to the shared ClearCaster appliance in the Wowza ClearCaster Manager as well as technical support.