With Wowza ClearCaster™ version 2.0.0.07 and later, you can connect an SDI or HDMI source to your ClearCaster and post live video to any RTMP destination to share with your viewers in minutes. You can also take advantage of Facebook mode, which pre-configures ClearCaster by default to send a live stream to Facebook Live.
To get up-and-running, you'll need the following:
- A Wowza account
- Access to a video streaming service such as Wowza Streaming Cloud™ or an instance of Wowza Streaming Engine™; or accounts for video sharing websites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, or other RTMP destinations, depending on your preference
- Internet connection
- Wowza ClearCaster appliance
- SDI or HDMI video source
- (Optional) HDMI monitor for additional broadcast information
To ensure that your Wowza ClearCaster operates as intended, review the following details with your network administrator to verify access to required servers and services through expected ports.
Note: All connections are initiated through an outbound request.
Outgoing communicationWowza ClearCaster delivers data to the following ports.
|Port / URI||Functionality|
|Port 443||RTMPS and HTTPS delivery|
|Port 80||HTTP delivery|
|Port 1935||RTMP delivery|
|Port 1884||MQTT messaging for all ClearCasters v18.104.22.168 and later|
|Port 123||Time synchronization services (NTP)|
Outgoing servicesWowza ClearCaster uses the following outgoing services and ports.
|Service||Port / URI||Functionality|
|clearcaster.wowza.com||TCP port 443||Remote administration interface|
|connect.clearcaster.wowza.com||TCP port 1884||MQTT messaging|
|*.entrypoint.cloud.wowza.com||TCP port 1935||Sending broadcasts to Wowza Streaming Cloud|
|graph.facebook.com||TCP port 443||Communication with the Facebook Graph API|
|clearcaster.c2.wowza.com||TCP port 443||Communication with the Wowza ClearCaster GraphQL API|
|ntp.ubuntu.com||UDP port 123||Time synchronization services (NTP)|
|wowzalicense1.wowzamedia.com||TCP port 80||Wowza license server 1|
|wowzalicense2.wowzamedia.com||TCP port 80||Wowza license server 2|
|wowzalicense3.wowzamedia.com||TCP port 80||Wowza license server 3|
|wowzalicense4.wowzamedia.com||TCP port 80||Wowza license server 4|
ClearCaster checks in with the Wowza licensing server on a regular basis. If you have an enterprise proxy, you will need to pass through these communications without authentication. If you have firewall devices such as WatchGuard or Barracuda in place, there may be a factory built-in rule called Webblocker category: streaming, which is known to block the licensing validation process. For questions regarding licensing server communications, contact the Wowza Support team.
Connect your Wowza ClearCaster appliance
B. HDMI outputs
C. Ethernet 1
D. SDI input
E. HDMI input
F. USB ports
- Review the Wowza ClearCaster safety information.
- Connect the power cord from the connector (A) to a power source.
- Optional (but recommended): Connect an external monitor to the HDMI output port (B).
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet 1 port (C).
Important: Do not connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet 2 port. This Ethernet port is non-functional.
- Connect an SDI/HDMI-capable video source to the SDI input port (D) or the HDMI input port (E).