The ModuleTranscoderControl module for Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server software controls which streams passing through a given application are transcoded by Transcoder. It can be used when certain streams that are published to the media server don't need to be transcoded. For example, you can use this module to omit a source stream that won't be used (such as source streams that are used with the ModuleLoopUntilLive module).
- Download wse-plugin-transcodercontrol.zip.
- Extract the contents from the downloaded (zipped) package, and then copy the lib/wse-plugin-transcodercontrol.jar file from the package to the lib folder in your Wowza Streaming Engine installation ([install-dir]/lib).
- Restart Wowza Streaming Engine.
To enable this module, add the following module definition to your application configuration. See Configure modules for details.
Fully Qualified Class Name
|ModuleTranscoderControl||Controls which streams are transcoded.||com.wowza.wms.plugin.TranscoderControl|
After enabling the module, you can adjust the default settings by adding the following properties to your application. See Configure properties for details.
|/Root/Application||transcoderControlNames||String||*||Can be empty, a wildcard (*), a regular expression pattern, or a comma-separated list of names or patterns (for example: myStream, myOtherStream). (default: *)|
|/Root/Application||transcoderControlMatchAllow||Boolean||true||Controls what happens when a match is found between items in the transcoderControlNames list and the stream names found in the application. If set to true, the names in transcoderControlNames that match the application's stream names will be transcoded. If set to false, the names in transcoderControlNames that match the application's stream names won't be transcoded. If the transcoderControlNames list is a * (wildcard), then all streams are transcoded when transcoderControlMatchAllow is true. (default: true)|
|/Root/Application||transcoderControlNoMatchAllow||Boolean||false||Controls what happens when no match is found between items in the transcoderControlNames list and the application's stream names. If transcoderControlNames has an empty value or if there are no matches between the transcoderControlNames list and application stream names, the decision to transcode is based on transcoderControlNoMatchAllow's value. (default: false)|
- If the value of transcoderControlNames is empty, the decision to transcode all streams in the application is done based on the value of transcoderControlNoMatchAllow. If the value of transcoderControlNames is *, the decision to transcode all streams in the application is done based on the value of transcoderControlMatchAllow.
- If the value of transcoderControlNames is a list of names, each name is compared with all stream names in the application. If a match is found between a transcoderControlNames entry and a stream name in the application, the decision to transcode is based on the value of transcoderControlMatchAllow. If there are no matches, the decision to transcode is based on the value of transcoderControlNoMatchAllow.
- Get the source code on GitHub