Learn how to use the Wowza Video™ service to record a live stream while simultaneously allowing viewers to play or pause the live stream, rewind it to a previously recorded point, or resume viewing at the current live point.
Limitations and requirements
- Support for this feature varies depending on the player. nDVR doesn't work with Wowza Player. For best results, test in the player of your choice before your live event is scheduled to begin.
Before you start
You must complete the following tasks:
- Create a live stream configured to record. View Record live streams in Wowza Video to learn how to create and configure the live stream.
Enable the Playlist Seconds property
Next, enable the Playlist Seconds property on the stream target associated with the live stream you just created. The Playlist Seconds property determines how far back viewers are able to rewind the stream.
- Under Advanced on the left navigation bar, click Stream Targets.
- Select a target on the Stream Targets page.
Note: Stream targets that were created through the live stream workflow appear as [Live stream name] / Stream Target.
- Click the Properties tab and then click Edit.
- Select Enabled for the Playlist seconds property.
- Specify any number of seconds between 6 and 28800 (8 hours). The default is 100.
- Click Save.