The Wowza Video™ Asset Manager allows users users to ingest, store, and tag video content in order to centralize, reuse, amplify, and provide user-friendly access to assets. See Video CMS: What it is and why you need one for more information.
You'll need a Wowza Video subscription to access this capability. Contact us to upgrade or purchase a new subscription.
This article introduces the different parts of the Asset Details page to help you find your way around the Wowza Video user interface.
Do any of the following:
- Re-Stream Asset – Create a new stream with the uploaded asset. This takes you to the Transcoder Details page where you can manage your stream.
- Edit Asset – Edit an asset. This takes you to the Edit Asset Details page where you can edit the title, description, tags, and publication status for an asset. You also delete an asset from the Edit Asset Details page.
- Delete Asset – Deletes an asset. You can't undo this action.
- Video Preview – View a preview frame from your asset.
- Asset Information – View information associated with your asset.
- Stream URL – Playback URL for your stream
- Download MP4 – Download an MP4 file to share. If you recorded a real-time stream and choose to Skip VOD encoding and save only as an MP4, then you'll only see the download button and won't be able to edit any other information on this page.
- Duration – Run time for your asset.
- Original File Size – File save of the asset on upload.
- Total Storage Size – Storage size of the asset after upload
- Available Renditions – Renditions associated with your asset.
- Total View Time – Amount of time your asset has been viewed.
- Unique Viewers – The amount of unique viewers that have viewed your asset.
- Status - Assets can be published or unpublished. Only published assets can be viewed at the Stream URL.
- Video Info – View information associated with your asset that is editable in edit mode.
- Title – Descriptive title for your asset.
- Tags – Tags associated with your asset.
- Description – Description for your asset.
— April Griffin on 06/03/2022
Thank you for your feedback! This is a known issue that occurs intermittently and we're working on a fix. As a workaround, you can use the REST API to get the download_url to download the file manually.
See https://api.docs.video.wowza.com/index/current/tag/assets/#tag/assets/operation/showAsset for more information. The asset ID you'll use in the API request is found in the path of the asset detail page in the UI, as shown in this example: https://video.wowza.com/en/account_ID/manage/assets/asset_ID