The Wowza Video™ Asset Manager allows users to ingest, store, and tag video content in order to centralize, reuse, amplify, and provide user-friendly access to assets. See Video CMS: What it is and why you need one for more information.
You'll need a Wowza Video subscription to access this capability. Contact us to upgrade or purchase a new subscription.
This article introduces the different parts of the Asset Details page to help you find your way around the Wowza Video user interface.
Do any of the following:
- Re-Stream Asset – Create a new stream with the uploaded asset. This takes you to the Transcoder Details page where you can manage your stream.
- Delete Asset – Deletes an asset. You can't undo this action.
- Asset Details – View information associated with your asset. View information associated with your asset.
- Video Preview – View a preview frame from your asset.
- Duration – Run time for your asset.
- Original File Size – File save of the asset on upload.
- Total Storage Size – Storage size of the asset after upload
- Available Renditions – Renditions associated with your asset.
- Total View Time – Amount of time your asset has been viewed.
- Unique Viewers – The amount of unique viewers that have viewed your asset.
- Average View Time – The average of the total view time divided by the number of viewers.
- Unpublished/Published – Assets can be published or unpublished. Only published assets can be viewed at the Stream URL.
- Stream URL – Playback URL for your stream
- Download MP4 – Download an MP4 file to share. If you recorded a real-time stream and choose to Skip VOD encoding and save only as an MP4, then you'll only see the download button and won't be able to edit any other information on this page.
- Metadata – View information associated with your asset.
- Title – Descriptive title for your asset. Max 256 characters.
- Tags – Tags to help search and categories assets.
- Description – Description for your asset. Max 16,000 characters.
- Playback – You can either embed Wowza Flowplayer into your existing site or use a webpage with an embedded player that we generate and host for you.
Note: If you make changes to options on this page, they might take a few minutes to appear on the Wowza Video hosted page. Refresh the hosted page after about 10 minutes if you don't see your changes right away.
- Hosted Page URL – The URL of the hosted page that you can give to your viewers.
- Hosted Page Logo – (Optional) A graphical logo of your choosing that appears above the player. The logo file must be GIF, JPEG, or PNG format and no larger than 2.5 MB. Wowza Video resizes the image to fit the space on the page.
- Sharing Icons – (Optional) Buttons that let viewers quickly share the link to the video on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and by email. Sharing icons appear below the player and below the Hosted Page Description, if there is one.
- Player Embed Code – The HTML code that you can copy and paste into an external webpage to display your live stream on that page in your selected player.
Note: You can't edit the page for a real-time stream recording where you selected Skip VOD encoding and save only as an MP4.
- Embed and customize Wowza Flowplayer in your site – While we generate a basic instance of Wowza Flowplayer for you on the hosted page and in the embed code, you can access additional customization. Follow the instructions in the linked topic, using the Stream URL on the Asset Details page instead of the live stream's HLS playback URL as referenced.