Postman, which runs on OS X, Windows, Chrome, and Linux, provides a graphical interface for developing, testing, documenting, and sharing REST APIs. Learn how to configure Wowza Streaming EngineTM media server software so that Postman can run its Swagger reference documentation server.
- Download the Postman application and install it on the operating system of your choice.
- Install the Wowza Streaming Engine Swagger doc servlet locally by following the instructions in How to access reference documentation for the Wowza Streaming Engine REST API.
- On the computer that's running Wowza Streaming Engine and the Swagger servlet, navigate to [install-dir]/conf/ and open Server.xml in a text editor.
- Locate the <DocumentationServerAuthenticationMethod> property in the <RESTInterface> section.
- Add the <DocumentationServerBasePath> property immediately after the <DocumentationServerAuthenticationMethod> property and specify / (forward slash), like this:
- Save your change.
- Restart Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Start Postman.
- In the Postman Builder window, choose GET for the method in the Enter request URL field, enter http://[wowza-ip-address]:8089/swagger.json, where [wowza-ip-address] with the IP address of your Wowza Streaming Engine server. For example, http://localhost:8089/swagger.json.
If you're having problems or want to discuss this article, post in our forum.