With Wowza Streaming Engine 4.7.5.01 and later, you can detect 32-bit timecodes and wrap them so that they work correctly with a 64-bit-compliant value. This applies to all stream protocols and is particularly useful for very long live streams or when using encoders that reset timecodes if they have been running for an extended period of time.
To manage the timecodes, do the following:
- In Wowza Streaming Engine Manager, click the Applications tab and select your application in the contents panel.
- In the details page, click the Properties tab, and then click Custom in the Quick Links bar.
- In the Custom section, click Edit.
- Click Add Custom Property, specify the following settings in the Add Custom Property dialog box, and then click Add:
- Path - Select /Root/Application/Streams.
- Name - Enter enhancedTimeCodes.
- Type - Select Boolean.
- Value - To enable the timecode wrapping, set the value to true. The default value, false, disables the property and won't affect the handling of 32-bit timecodes.
- Click Save, and then restart the application when prompted to apply the changes.